Was just served this lovely breakfast panini at Addison on Amelia.
After layering the egg, ham and cheese onto good bread, they toasted it on a panini press*. Easy ingredients and simple technique. It was delicious, but I’m always thinking, how might I make this my own recipe? How about I:
Vary the meat?
- Sliced turkey, chicken, roast beef, corned beef or even smoked salmon would work.
- Roasted peppers, oven-dried tomatoes and any grilled vegetables such as onions and zucchini would be perfect.
Diversify the flavors?
- For a Spanish vibe, use serrano ham or chorizo and manchego cheese.
- For an Italian take, use prosciutto and mozzarella cheese.
- And for French style, use Paris ham and brie cheese.
Now, please share your recipes!
* If you don’t have a panini press, simply place your sandwich in a skillet or on a grill and weigh it down with another pan.