Enough is enough!!
Yes, I love a good Açaí Bowl. But I’m tired of paying $10 (or more!) every time I get one. Going forward, I will make my own at home and you can too!
- Purchase frozen açaí at Whole Foods and use a blender to puree it with fresh banana, frozen blueberries and a bit of kefir (cause why not get a little extra probiotic!)
- I top it with sliced bananas, toasted unsweetened coconut and crushed almonds
Here’s the actual recipe I used but you can make your own:
- Vary your frozen fruit selection – try strawberries, peaches or even mango
- Don’t like kefir? Try coconut water, milk (dairy or nut) or even just water
- Add spinach to make it more nutritious
- Garnish with anything YOU like!
My Açaí Bowl
- 50 g – Açaí (1/2 of the 100g packet it comes in)
- 1 – Large Banana
- 1/2 cup – Frozen Blueberries
- 1.5 tsp – Kefir
- Unsweetened coconut flakes (toasted)
- Crushed almonds
- Blend açaí, 1/2 banana, frozen blueberries and kefir until fully pureed and incorporated yet still thick consistency
- Garnish with 1/2 banana (sliced), coconut flakes and almonds