Pair this simple, no-chill sugar cookie recipe with a rolling pin, cookie-cutters and sprinkles for hours of entertainment.
Make your own recipe:
- Switch out flours – how about grinding almonds to replace half the flour for a tasty and healthful substitution?
- Change the flavor – pure extracts such as lemon, hazelnut or any others you like can completely change the personality of your cookie
- Add textures and flavors – how about chocolate chips? nuts? dried fruit? candy such as heath bars, peanut butter cups, marshmallows?
You get the idea… Now go make your own recipe!
- 4 oz. – unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup – granulated sugar
- 1 – egg
- 1 tsp – vanilla
- 2 cups – flour
- 1 tsp – baking powder
- 1/2 tsp – salt
1) Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
2) In a stand mixer (or large bowl), mix butter with sugar until light and fluffy
3) Add egg and vanilla
4) Separately, combine flour, baking powder, and salt
5) On a low setting, add dry mixture to butter mixture 1 cup at a time
6) Without chilling dough, divide into two portions
7) On a floured surface, roll out dough until it it is approximately 1/8 inch thick
8) Dip your cookie cutters in flour and cut out cookie shapes (add sprinkles, if you like)
9) Bake on your prepared baking sheet for 8 minutes or until the edges of the cookies are set and beginning to lightly brown
10) Allow to cool and set on a wire rack