Miss me? I missed you!
But I’ve been busy cooking up my most delicious creation yet… my sweet son – my Baby Chef-in-Training 🙂
As Mommy and Baby get used to our new schedule, we’ll go back to spending more time in the kitchen.
In the meantime, enjoy my Marzipan & Chocolate Chip Cookies. These babies got me through my pregnancy-induced sweet tooth.
I know – they look like plain old Chocolate Chip Cookies…
Marzipan & Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 – Tubes almond paste (7-ounces each)
- 1 cup – Granulated sugar
- 2 – Egg whites
- 1 cup (or more, if desired) – Chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350*
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Process almond paste in a food processor until it looks like sand
- Add sugar and continue processing
- With the food processor running, stream in the egg whites and mix until you have a smooth dough
- Fold in the chocolate chips with a spatula
- Wet your hands with water and form the dough into 2-tablespoon-sized balls, place on baking sheet and flatten with the palm of your hand
- Bake until lightly golden – 13 to 15 minutes
- Let cool on your baking sheet and then transfer the cookies to cooling racks to cool completely