My recipe below balances the flavors of shallots and lemons to create a perfect bite. Eat it on its own, spread it on baguette or even on top of seaweed.
MAKE YOUR OWN RECIPE
Using the recipe below as background, how might you make your own recipe? How about you?
Change up the fish?
- Tuna tartare is also delicious and would play beautifully with this flavor profile
Diversify the flavors?
- If you like Asian flavors, try adding ginger, garlic, soy sauce, sesame oil and scallions
Dress it up?
- How about flavoring your own creme fraiche with red onions, wasabi or scallions? Just place a dollop right on top of your tartare!
• 10 oz. – Salmon filet, bones/skin removed and minced
• 1 – Shallot, minced
• 2 – Lemons, zested (reserve ½ lemon to juice)
• 1/3 cup – Chives, minced
• 5 tsp – Extra virgin olive oil
• Salt and pepper (to taste)
1. Combine all the ingredients, except the lemon juice
2. Taste and adjust the seasoning
3. Refrigerate for a few hours (maximum of 6)
4. Mix in reserved lemon juice just before serving